Wednesday, January 4, 2017

nature + art, (2017 plans)


The title represents in a nutshell the best travel combination I can think of. Although if I look at my last 2 weeks in the van crossing Netherlands, Belgium, France and England I will say electricity, wifi that works, and a camper-place that is open. Now it is going to be colder and our vintage vans stove doesn't work. We use little electric stoves and that works if it is not too cold. But you start to feel like an electricity junkie. Also because we don't have solar panels.

Our first good plan on our way to Oostende was stopping in Antwerpen to visit http://www.middelheimmuseum.be/en
The combination park and art are very attempting to me. It was cold but sunny and there was also a good free parking place for the van.

  artist entrance by John Kormeling
 

When we where too cold, we went inside the lovely cafe to get some hot chocolate.
They also had working wifi : ) cause photo's are still more my thing then writing blogs. You can find me here https://www.instagram.com/lisetvandommelen/. But this year I will try if I can write on a more regular basis.

This year funny enough we are not going to use the van for our big trip. It is back to backpacking.
We are going to do a Workaway in Hanoi and from there we will slowly travel to China in the direction of Dali and the Jade Dragon https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_Dragon_Snow_Mountain.
In April I will go to London and in May to Stockholm. Inbetween are lots of mini van trips for work and other visits in the Netherlands.


In Rotterdam I will present my project Mirror Me at Sencity and later I will work present Swan Silence. A project about a fairy tale, and a command to create something magic in silence.
 

Most complicated thing is that we have to say goodbye to our van. We love it dearly. But as our travel plans expand and expand a vintage 22 year old VW that has already issues climbing a hill in Wiltshire. Is not the van you want to take around the globe.
So this year we have to decide what will be next? An other secondhand van, a newer one . Or are we going to by a bus and let someone construct the inside.We think we love to have a campervan that suits our personal prefrences and material use.. Being self supporting is also high on our list.
So a lot of new adventures coming our way in 2017.
Wish you all good plans, ideas, and beautiful safe travels.


                                          Lost the trail with my kids in Wiltshire



1 comment:

  1. Ho that a perfect programm for 2017 Liset ! I'm so proud to know you and meet you in Paris ... I love your photos and your way of travelling. Have a beautiful trip I'll follow you ...

    ReplyDelete